Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crockpot Splendoriffic!

Anyone who has had the opportunity to speak with me or Jay in the last 24 hours may have noticed an odd, muppet-like quality to our voices.
No, we haven't busted into Juliette's catnip or started taking hits off helium balloons. And, despite what you may think, though the hippies who do their laundry in the basement have POTENT patchouli stink detergent - we are not being slowly poisoned (at least I think we're not - if I start to wander the streets of Portland naked, singing Kumbaya, someone better get me to Maine Med... STAT!).

The sad truth is - summer is gone and it's that time of year to get sick. So, my beloved and I have been dragging our butts to bed by 8:30 every night, snoring, snotting, and wheezing our way through Sudafed-induced comas, and throwing mini-tempertantrums every morning when the alarm goes off and it's rainy and gross outside. To top it off, I finished the final book in the Twilight series (a shame that will never leave me)... and the ending SUCKED! HARDCORE! WICKED LETDOWN! I am so filled with anger about this book series, I kept Jay up for an extra hour just to yell about its craptasticness! Seriously, it really, really sucked.

This morning, however, their was hope in the air! Since the idea of getting up one minute before 7am to make our lunches made me rageful, I had the stroke of sheer brilliance to whip out the good ol' crockpot, toss in broth, chicken, onions, and carrots and call it a night. What did I wake up to this morning?? JOY! Utter, perfect, hot, and delicious JOY! The whole apartment was filled with the fragrance of comfort and warmth! And I could actually smell! Now, it's been 3 hours since this modern day miracle, and my sinuses have decided to stage a coup... but, it's too late! I was filled with crockpot hope that the Swine Flu will pass me by!

I'm not thrilled crockpot season has set in, but I do wish a Nobel Prize could be awarded to whomever invented this technological glory! It's brilliance ranks right up there with the cure for polio and zombie movies.

What is your favorite crockpot recipe? As I continue to create Strong Cupcake fantasyland, would a crockpot option on the menu be something to consider? Does anyone know of a drug more potent than NyQuil that will keep me in a deep enough coma so I won't hear Jay's sasquatch-like snores?
Feel free to answer any and all the above mentioned questions.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I think the patchouli stink is ours! I got a lovely lime patchouli all natural detergent from etsy...sorry it's so smelly! :P.

    ReplyDelete