Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hannafords O'Bliss

I can't help it... the grocery store makes me giddy.
You can keep your yoga - nothing makes me more zen-like than a Sunday afternoon at Hannafords Super Market.
And I'm lucky - the Portland Hannafords is the LARGEST IN MAINE! It's just aisles and aisles of happy!

I am not a freak. One of my favorite parts of any given Sunday includes making up my grocery list, color coordinating my re-usable grocery tote to go with my flip-flops, and doing battle with the squeaky cart up and down the endless aisles of food bliss.

My lovely brother has assigned me the Paleo Diet to help me get all Wedding Dress Hotness. Basically, if the cavemen didn't eat it, I shouldn't either. I can have one meal to myself each week, otherwise it's meat, eggs, meat, fish, meat, root veggies, meat, berries, meat, water all week long. We're talking A LOT of meat. I hate violent movies and I've now watched 3 Tarantino flicks all in one week - who knows what sort of hormones are raging freely through my veins. And I had a dream where lots of fat bald men were missing the top part of their skulls. Go figure.

As much as I miss my bagels, pasta, and cream of wheat (aka Nectar of a Merciful and Loving G-d) - I get all excited to search out recipes and head to Hannafords for the weekly purchase.

On tap for this week:
Italian Chicken
Rosemary Salmon (if the salmon is cheap... one would think with the ocean 10 yards from my kitchen I could get some reasonably priced seafood)
For Dessert... I'm going to try Banana Pear Ambrosia

For Banana Pear Ambrosia I have to blend a pear, a banana, some lemon juice, some honey (no refined sugar on this diet o'mine), and an avocado for texture. I'm highly intrigued and a bit weirded out.

Any bets on what it will look like? While you ponder this thought, I'm off to Hannafords, my own little Graceland.

No comments:

Post a Comment